Revolution Digital Marketing Magazine – January 2009
I read an interesting article today on Ad Exchanges. Paul Frampton, of Media Contacts said: “Ad exchanges provide you with a means to place the right advertising on the right site and, beacuse you pay no more than you want to pay, you also get the right price.” Couldn’t have said it better myself.
Some tips include:
- For cheap inventory, choose an exchange where networks are trading with each other.
- For streamlining the purchase of strategically important slots, use an exchange where you can deal directly with publishers.
- Examine the ecosystem of the exchange. Has it got the right mix of publisher and networks to meet your needs?
- Consider in advance what you are prepared to pay. One role of exchanges is to get the best deal possible for publishers.
- Use the time saved buying online to build relationships with publishers.
We hope this provides some valuable insight when you are deciding between ad exchanges.
We’re on page 36 of the magazine! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!